We have confirmed out spring training and tryout schedule for our Provincial programs. Please see the relevant information below:
Spring Training Sessions:
These sessions are being used for "getting the dust off" prior to our tryout sessions. The dates / locations are as follows:
Sunday April 7, 7:30-8:30 pm Startford Indoor Soccer Complex
Sunday April 14, 7:30-8:30 pm Startford Indoor Soccer Complex
Monday April 22, 3:00-5:00 pm Startford Indoor Soccer Complex
These sessions will be used for the coaches to select the team that will be attending nationals.
Sunday April 28, 4:00-5:30 pm Startford Indoor Soccer Complex
Sunday May 5, 6:00-8:00 pm UPEI Turf (or 4:00-6:00 pm at Stratford Indoor Soccer Complex)
Wednesday May 8, 7:00-8:30 pm UPEI Turf
*Wednesday May 15 7:00-8:30 pm UPEI Turf (If required - otherwise will be first team practice!)
It is not mandatory to attend all spring training / tryouts, but the fee listed below gains you access to all turf sessions. It is encouraged that players attend as many sessions as possible.
Provincial Team Practices
All practices will be held at the UPEI Turf beginning Wednesday May 15 (if not needed for a tryout). This will be followed by Sunday May 19 from 6:00-8:00 pm.
Practices will be held twice weekly (Sundays 6:00-8:00 pm; Wednesdays 7:00-8:30 pm for May / June and then changing to 6:00-7:30 for July / August)
FHC Junior Membership / PEIFHA Membership: $30 (already paid by those who participated in winter indoor program.
Spring Training / Tryouts: $45 (to cover cost of turf)
Training fee for summer practices: $75 (only to be paid once selected for the team!)
**Membership and spring training / tryout fees are to be paid at the first session**
For those players that are not selected for the Provincial program, we will begin our Summer Program on Wednesday June 26.
Any other questions, please let us know!
February 12, 2019
2019 U-18 Nationals
This year U-18 Nationals will be held from July 3-8 in Surrey British Colombia.
We will be holding a meeting for those players interested in attending Nationals on Wednesday February 20 at Sport PEI. Room number and time will be announced when bookings have been finalized.
Any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
April 30, 2018
Our first try-out for provincial teams is fast approaching. We are also happy to announce that we have acquired a few additional sessions on the turf to act as tryouts for our provincial programs.
The $20 "Indoor Tryout Fee" on the registration form goes to cover all of these sessions and must only be paid once.
Please see below for the full list of try out sessions:
Sunday May 6 3;30-5:00pm - Stratford
Wednesday May 9 7:00-8:30pm - Stratford
Saturday May 12 **time TBA** - Stratford (this will be decided by May 6)
Wednesday May 16 7:00-8:30pm - Stratford
Sunday May 20 - 6:00-8:00pm UPEI TURF
The team will be selected following these sessions. Players being selected will be practicing during summer hours on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. If you are not selected for a team, we encourage you to continue with our summer program, which will be run alongside our provincial programs.
Any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
April 10, 2018
U-18 April Update
Please read this post carefully for all updates in regards to the program. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
1. There was some confusion in cutoffs for age categories U-18 is born 1999 and after.
2. U-15 and U-18 National tournaments will be held at the University of Toronto Pan Am turfs.
3. U-18 is scheduled Monday July 16 - Saturday July 21.
4. Tournament hotel: Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown.
- U-15 has blocked 9 quad rooms over 4 nights
- U-18 has blocked 9 quad rooms over 5 nights (may be able to reduce to 4)
- These rooms have already been booked by PEIFHA - parents are not able to block rooms and pay individually, so if you are selected, you will reimburse PEIFHA.
5. Transportation from airport to hotel, hotel to venue, etc. will be the responsibility of the player/parents. IF you choose to rent a car, the hotel does charge for parking.
6. Spring Training - We have booked a turf time for Sunday May 6 3:30-5:00pm at Stratford Indoor Complex to jump start our try outs. We are hoping to acquire more indoor times prior to the start of our outdoor turf times. If anything comes up prior to May 6 we will let you know ASAP.
7. Summer Program - starts Wednesday May 23 (7:00-8:30) and Sunday May 27 (6:00-8:00). These sessions will be used as practice times / try outs for U-15/18.
8. PEIFHA Registration - this fee must be paid prior to stepping on the turf. For junior players this fee is $30 (PEIFHA registration $9, FHC $21). This is payable to PEIFHA by cheque or cash prior to the first session you attend.
9. Fitness Training - this will begin after the selection of the team. We are having conversations with Synergy Fitness about developing a program. More information will be made available after the teams have been selected.
10. Pre-National Tournament - we have been in discussion with New Brunswick and Nova Scotia in regards to a small tournament leading up to Nationals. We are tentatively looking at June 29-30.
11. Off Island Tournament - Barb has looked into other tournaments in the north eastern US. We have not been successful in finding a tournament that suits the time frame and location. We are still considering this for next season.
- if you are attending the indoor turf time May 6, there is a $20 turf fee in addition to the registration fee mentioned in point #8.
- turf fee for the outdoor times will be $40 for the summer
We ask that you fill out the attached registration form if you have not done so for the winter indoor program. You have the option to fill the form out online and email it back to us, or bring us a printed copy to the first session you attend. Please remember that players are not allowed to participate in tryouts until fees are paid due to insurance reasons.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
July 30, 2017
Update from 4 Goals Cup
The PEIFHA U-18 team has been competing in Providence, Rhode Island at the 4 Goals Cup over the weekend.
Here is a list of the results of the tournament so far:
Saturday July 29
LTW White 2 - PEI 1. Goal by Kelly Clements. Keeper was Kristen MacIntyre
PEI 2 - Allegiance 2. Goals by Sydney Sear and Abby Macdonald
Sunday July 30
Consolation bracket - PEI wins 4-1 putting them in the Consolation final later today. Goals by Sydney Sear (2), Abby Macdonald and Emma Seviour. Kristen MacIntyre with the win in nets.
May 04, 2017
Update on Provincial U-18 Team
PEIFHA Provincial U-18 will participate in the 4 Goal Field Hockey Cup in Providence, Rhode Island on July 29-30, 2017.
The 4 Goal Cup will replace the U-18 National Field Hockey Championship scheduled for July 20-25 in Surrey, BC.
Practices/tryouts will start Wednesday May 24 at UPEI turf from 7:00-8:30 and subsequent Sunday evenings from 6:30-8:00pm.
4 Goals Cup is an American tournament so a valid Canadian passport will be required to travel to Rhode Island. More information to follow on the 4 Goal Cup by May 15.
January 31, 2017
2017 Interest Meeting
There will be a meeting for those interested in attending U-18 Nationals in July 2017. This meeting is going to be held on WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 8, from 7-9pm at Sport PEI. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
August 01, 2016
U-18 National Team Returns Home
The U-18 National Team recently returned from Brampton, Ont. following a challenging tournament.
We had a great group of girls that took full advantage of the opportunity to learn, play and have fun.
Special thank you to Kayla Arsenault and Jason McDonald for helping coach at the tournament, Barb Carmichael for managing and Ellen Dixon, Lydia Ellis and Erica Ross for running practice sessions leading up to the tournament.
We hope everyone enjoys the rest of their summer, and to those returning to high school leagues, we will see you in the fall!
July 04, 2016
Parents Meeting & Finalized Schedule
We will be having a parents meeting on Wednesday July 13, 2016 at 7:00pm at the Stratford Indoor Complex before our practice session that evening. It is crucial that all players have a representative at this meeting as we will be discussing important issues prior to attending the tournament.
Please see the calendar on the main page for updated practice schedules.
Below is a link to the finalized schedule. Click on the icon to download for your records.
June 28, 2016
Practice June 29, 2016
Due to renovations at the UPEI gym, we DO NOT have a gym time tomorrow night. We will still be having fitness at 5:30pm at the UPEI turf, but we will also be having a turf time at the Stratford Complex from 8:00-9:30pm.
Please try to be on time and attend both sessions!
June 11, 2016
DRAFT Schedule Released
A preliminary scheudle has been released for the U-18 Tournament. This is subject to changes, and a finalized schedule will be posted when it becomes available.
Wed. July 27 9:45am BC Yellow vs. PEI
3:00pm PEI vs. Alberta
Thurs. July 28 8:00am Ontario 1 vs. PEI
The remainder of the schedule will be determined by the pool placing at the end of round robin play.
Click on the icon below to view the entire draft schedule.
June 09, 2016
Final Roster Announced
We have finalized the roster for the 2016 U-18 National team. Congraulations to the following girls on being named to the team!
Good luck to these girls as the continue training to prepare for the tournament! Thanks to all those who tried out and hope to see you at the open turf times.
June 08, 2016
No Fitness June 8!
Due to the weather we will NOT be having fitness this evening at 5:30pm!!
Please arrive, ready to play, at the gym at UPEI for 5:50pm. We will do a warm up and some fitness as a group here.
Sorry for the short notice!
May 29, 2016
National Site Change
The U-18 National Field Hockey Championships have changed locations for this summer! The tournament will now be held in Brampton, Ontario at the Cassie Campbell Community Centre from July 26-30, 2016.
For those players on the roster, please book your flights to arrive early on Tuesday July 26, as we will be having a practice that day. The championship game will be held on Saturday July 30 and players will be able to fly home that evening.
Hotel details will become available as soon as possible.
May 17, 2016
Tryouts to Continue
Tryouts and practice will continue this week for the selection of the U-18 Team to attend Nationals in Toronto from July 27-31, 2016.
On Wednesday May 18, 2016 there will be a fitness session at the UPEI outdoor track from 5:30-6:00pm followed by an indoor skills practice at the UPEI gym from 6:00-7:30pm. Please bring your running sneakers and appropriate clothing for the fitness session as well as indoor sneakers for in the gym. Do remember if you have not paid your $300 registration fee, you will NOT be allowed to practice.
If you have not attended tryouts and wish to be considered, please make sure to attend a session as soon as possible. The team will be selected in 3 rounds which gives lots of opportunity to be considered for the team. Round 1 on May 13 saw 11 initial players selected. Round 2 will be May 20 and Round 3 on May 27.
Round 1 Selections:
May 07, 2016
PRACTICE SATURDAY MAY 7, 2016
On short notice we have received notification that a turf time has become available to us TONIGHT (Saturday May 7) at Cornwall Turf from 7:30-9:00 pm. If you are able to attend, please do so. Bring along any unpaid fees.
Sorry for the short notice, but hope to see you out tonight!
May 06, 2016
Update + Fitness Training
The next practice/try-out will be held Wednesday May 11 at Cornwall Turf from 4:00-5:30pm.
The membership fee of $300 and Field Hockey Canada/PEIFHA membership ($25) MUST BE PAID BY MAY 11. If you do not have your fees in YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE.
If you are unavailable to make practice on May 11 because of school sport, please e-transfer, mail, or arrange to drop off registration fee (email@example.com).
We are trying to select an U-18 team and must have fees collected before players will be considered for the team.
Shelia Bell has created a running plan for the first week of training (May 4-11):
1. 30 minute run (should be 5-6km)
2. 20 minute run at hard pace
3. 20 second sprint / 10 second jog x 4 minutes. Rest 1 minute. Repeat 4 times. (total 20 minutes)
4. 2 minutes hard / 1 minute jog x 5 reps (total 15 minutes)
5. 30 minute run
The order in which these are completed does not matter. Just record the date you completed this run. Fitness testing will be part of the training program, so don't fall behind!
May 03, 2016
Please check the calendar on the home page for the newly updated list of practice times. Here are some general notes:
1. Wednesday May 4: We do not have the turf booked during this time. We ask that those interested players please meet at Cornwall Turf at 5:00pm. This will be used as a time to collect fees, ask questions, and have a brief introduction to the fitness plan for the summer. We ask that the girls bring running gear as the team may do a run that evening.
2. All dates designated as "Turf Times" will be held at the Cornwall Turf facility.
3. All GYM times will be held at UPEI in the 3rd gym.
4. Shelia Bell will be running a fitness program for the U-18 squad. This will be held on Wednesday evenings prior to the gym time, at the UPEI track.
5. Please CHECK THE WEBSITE OFTEN as the schedule is subject to change. We will try our best to get information out promptly with regards to time/location changes.
See you all tomorrow!
April 27, 2016
The PEIFHA Executive has decided that PEI will send a team to compete at U-18 Nationals in Toronto, Ont. from July 27-31, 2016.
First tryout is scheduled for Wednesday May 4 from 5:00-6:00pm at the Cornwall Turf.
There is still a lot of work to be done to arrange practice times. At this point we are looking at 1 turf time, 1 gym time and a fitness program. More information to follow by Friday April 30.
April 11, 2016
Players & Parents Meeting
PEI Field Hockey Association will hold an information meeting for players interested in representing a PEI U-18 Field Hockey Team for Nationals in Toronto, Ontario from July 27-31, 2016.
This meeting will be held at Sport PEI on Monday April 18, 2016 at 7:30pm.
PARENTS MUST ATTEND.
U-18 players must be born in 1998 or later.
If you are interested in this opporunity but unable to attend, please contact Barb Carmichael at firstname.lastname@example.org
January 17, 2016
The U-18 National Championships for Women's Field Hockey will be hosted by the University of Toronto on July 27-31.
There is an open gym time available for those interested in attending this tournament on Tueday evenings from 6:30-8:00pm at UPEI. This time is open to all girls interested in attending Nationals or want to keep their skills up over the winter.