We have confirmed out spring training and tryout schedule for our Provincial programs. Please see the relevant information below:
Spring Training Sessions:
These sessions are being used for "getting the dust off" prior to our tryout sessions. The dates / locations are as follows:
Sunday April 7, 7:30-8:30 pm Startford Indoor Soccer Complex
Sunday April 14, 7:30-8:30 pm Startford Indoor Soccer Complex
Monday April 22, 3:00-5:00 pm Startford Indoor Soccer Complex
These sessions will be used for the coaches to select the team that will be attending nationals.
Sunday April 28, 4:00-5:30 pm Startford Indoor Soccer Complex
Sunday May 5, 6:00-8:00 pm UPEI Turf (or 4:00-6:00 pm at Stratford Indoor Soccer Complex)
Wednesday May 8, 7:00-8:30 pm UPEI Turf
*Wednesday May 15 7:00-8:30 pm UPEI Turf (If required - otherwise will be first team practice!)
It is not mandatory to attend all spring training / tryouts, but the fee listed below gains you access to all turf sessions. It is encouraged that players attend as many sessions as possible.
Provincial Team Practices
All practices will be held at the UPEI Turf beginning Wednesday May 15 (if not needed for a tryout). This will be followed by Sunday May 19 from 6:00-8:00 pm.
Practices will be held twice weekly (Sundays 6:00-8:00 pm; Wednesdays 7:00-8:30 pm for May / June and then changing to 6:00-7:30 for July / August)
FHC Junior Membership / PEIFHA Membership: $30 (already paid by those who participated in winter indoor program.
Spring Training / Tryouts: $45 (to cover cost of turf)
Training fee for summer practices: $75 (only to be paid once selected for the team!)
**Membership and spring training / tryout fees are to be paid at the first session**
For those players that are not selected for the Provincial program, we will begin our Summer Program on Wednesday June 26.
Any other questions, please let us know!
February 12, 2019
2019 U-15 Nationals
This year U-15 Nationals are being held from July 23-28 in Calgary Alberta
We are hosting an interest meeting for those players wishing to participate in this years competition. The meeting will be held at Sport PEI on Wednesday February 20. Room number and time will be announced once bookings are finalized.
April 30, 2018
Our first try-out for provincial teams is fast approaching. We are also happy to announce that we have acquired a few additional sessions on the turf to act as tryouts for our provincial programs.
The $20 "Indoor Tryout Fee" on the registration form goes to cover all of these sessions and must only be paid once.
Please see below for the full list of try out sessions:
Sunday May 6 3;30-5:00pm - Stratford
Wednesday May 9 7:00-8:30pm - Stratford
Saturday May 12 **time TBA** - Stratford (this will be decided by May 6)
Wednesday May 16 7:00-8:30pm - Stratford
Sunday May 20 - 6:00-8:00pm UPEI TURF
The team will be selected following these sessions. Players being selected will be practicing during summer hours on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. If you are not selected for a team, we encourage you to continue with our summer program, which will be run alongside our provincial programs.
Any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
April 10, 2018
U-15 April Update!
Please read this post carefully for all updates in regards to the program. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
1. There was some confusion in cutoffs for age categories. U-15 is anyone born 2002 and later
2. U-15 and U-18 National tournaments will be held at the University of Toronto Pan Am turfs.
3. U-15 is scheduled Thursday July 12 - Monday July 16.
4. Tournament hotel: Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown.
- U-15 has blocked 9 quad rooms over 4 nights
- These rooms have already been booked by PEIFHA - parents are not able to block rooms and pay individually, so if you are selected, you will reimburse PEIFHA.
5. Transportation from airport to hotel, hotel to venue, etc. will be the responsibility of the player/parents. IF you choose to rent a car, the hotel does charge for parking.
6. Spring Training - We have booked a turf time for Sunday May 6 3:30-5:00pm at Stratford Indoor Complex to jump start our try outs. We are hoping to acquire more indoor times prior to the start of our outdoor turf times. If anything comes up prior to May 6 we will let you know ASAP.
7. Summer Program - starts Wednesday May 23 (7:00-8:30) and Sunday May 27 (6:00-8:00). These sessions will be used as practice times / try outs for U-15.
8. PEIFHA Registration - this fee must be paid prior to stepping on the turf. For junior players this fee is $30 (PEIFHA registration $9, FHC $21). This is payable to PEIFHA by cheque or cash prior to the first session you attend.
9. Fitness Training - this will begin after the selection of the team. We are having conversations with Synergy Fitness about developing a program. More information will be made available after the teams have been selected.
10. Pre-National Tournament - we have been in discussion with New Brunswick and Nova Scotia in regards to a small tournament leading up to Nationals. We are tentatively looking at June 29-30.
11. Off Island Tournament - Barb has looked into other tournaments in the north eastern US. We have not been successful in finding a tournament that suits the time frame and location. We are still considering this for next season.
- if you are attending the indoor turf time May 6, there is a $20 turf fee in addition to the registration fee mentioned in point #8.
- turf fee for the outdoor times will be $40 for the summer
We ask that you fill out this REGISTRATION FORM if you have not done so for the winter indoor program. You have the option to fill the form out online and email it back to us, or bring us a printed copy to the first session you attend. Please remember that players are not allowed to participate in tryouts until fees are paid due to insurance reasons.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
April 27, 2016
Now that the UPEI turf has been officially closed until further notice, the PEIFHA has decided that PEI will NOT be sending a team to participate at U-16 Nationals in Calgary this summer.
Those girls that were interested in U-16 are still welcome to try out for the U-18 team traveling to Toronto.
April 11, 2016
Players & Parents Meeting
PEI Field Hockey Association will hold an information meeting for players to see if there is interest in sending a U-16 Field Hockey Team for Nationals in Calgary, Alberta from July 19-21, 2016.
This meeting will be held at Sport PEI on Monday April 18, 2016 at 7:30pm.
PARENTS MUST ATTEND.
U-16 players must be born in January of 2000 or later.
If you are interested in this opporunity but unable to attend, please contact Barb Carmichael at firstname.lastname@example.org
January 17, 2016
The 2016 National Championship for U-16 Women's Field Hockey is being hosted by the University of Calgary on July 17-24.
An open gym time is available to interested players on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:00pm at UPEI. This time is available to girls who may be interested in attending the tournament or want to maintain their skills over the winter.